SuperNova Sector
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SuperNova Sector

A sci-fi military roleplaying community for Garrysmod. We don't like any of you here. <3

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Server Moderator Applications

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Humper

Humper

Server Moderator Applications Empty
PostSubject: Server Moderator Applications   Server Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 2:48 am

With the need for extra moderators to help out with player issues on the server and beating them up for their lunch money, we've decided to open up some limited slots for basic moderator access on the server! With said powers, you'll be able to do everything you wanted to do to help out with the community as a whole! If it be helping with staff on small issues, giving players something to do whilst on a slow day or just to help moderate and keep the community friendly, everything is always helpful! Currently we are giving two open spots to some lucky applicants who show what we need and what we require. Some may do well, some may not. Through temp work we'll evaluate and watch your progress to see if you have what it takes to be part of our admin team! Prospects of promotion to basic administrator will be also in your future.

The application format shall be below.

Information Section

Steam Name:

Experience with roleplay (years, games, etc):

Experience as an admin: (years, servers, etc):

Why do you want to be an admin for our community?:

What benefits would you bring to the community as a whole?:

Why do you think we should accept you as an admin?:

Examples

In detail, how would you manage a rowdy troller causing a problem with the server?:

In detail, how would you help manage a player on player argument?:

In detail, how would you manage player issues on the server, with server content, errors, etc?:

Code:

[center][b][i][size=24][color=#ff0000][u]Information Section[/u][/color][/size][/i][/b][/center]

[i]Steam Name:

Experience with roleplay (years, games, etc):

Why do you think we should accept you as an admin?:[/i]

[center][u][b][i][color=#ff0000][size=24]Examples[/size][/color][/i][/b][/u][/center]

[i]In detail, how would you manage a rowdy troller causing a problem with the server?:

In detail, how would you help manage a player on player argument?:

In detail, how would you manage player issues on the server, with server content, errors, etc?:[/i]
Back to top Go down
https://supernovasector.forumotion.net
MrJiiBB

MrJiiBB

PostSubject: Re: Server Moderator Applications   Server Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 7:12 pm

Information Section

Steam Name: JiiBB

Experience with roleplay (years, games, etc): Have been RPing for about 2 years or so. Been with SN since basically when it first started. Started RPing on Fallout RP, then began to move to HaloRP and Sci Fi Military. I consider myself a pretty decent role player but still some stuff to learn.

Server Director - Banana Tree Gaming Vampire RP
Head Admin - Vortex Fallout RP
Admin - Dark Fraction Military RP
Admin - Acclaimed Gaming Last of Us RP
Operator - Super Nova Sector Sci Fi RP (V1)
Operator - Dark Descent Gaming Fallout

Why do you want to be an admin for our community?: I basically just enjoy playing on the server, so when you like a sever and want to do more for it applying for Admin is ussually common. Plus I can see sometimes, especially during American timezones play times, were short admins for events or just basic player needs, I think I could help with this problem.

What benefits would you bring to the community as a whole?: I can help serve the players with basic needs while playing, including taking a load off the higher administrations back. I know the bombardment of PMs once someone sees your [SA] icon and need something.

Why do you think we should accept you as an admin?: I'm pretty friendly with players, as have I taught a lot of new players how to RP. As well as me being able to help take the major workload of our player base off of the current admins.

Examples

In detail, how would you manage a rowdy troller causing a problem with the server?: Trolls ruin RP for everyone, so the solution is pretty simple. Go to them, tell them they either need to start getting IC or they'll be kicked. Most trolls are just there to mess with other people, so usually they don't listen to what they're told and continue to mess up peoples RP. At that point a kick is probably warranted, if they come back (which they for the most part don't) and RP fine, keep them there. But if they do te same thing as before; a minor ban is in place.

In detail, how would you help manage a player on player argument?: Get both sides of the story, see what the argument is actually about. If it's something about meta game or power game or somethin wrong ICly id find if there were any witnesses who saw te RP go down and message them to get what they saw. If it's something wrong OOCly, like someone was being a lil' bit of a prick, give a warning and see if everyone could just move past it; no reason to make a huge deal that ruins everyone's RP for something as silly as some disagreement. Id most likely keep a close eye, if some OOC feelings got into IC there'd be a bigger problem, like a higher ranking soldier yelling at a private because they disagreed OOCly. People trusted with higher rank should probably not act this way, so id give an ultimatum. Say either you get over your OOC problems and get IC, or someone should reconsider your being an NCO/CO. It seems harsh, but te threat of something that big to someone usually gets them to start getting into shape.

In detail, how would you manage player issues on the server, with server content, errors, etc?: If I was to hear about a player complaining about not having proper content or not being able to play because of lua errors or something wrong with their script I would most likely add them on steam and hve then walk me through what the issue is. I'm not really a tech wiz but I defiantly know about problems with content, As I've had lots. After figuring out what the issue is, considering I know it, I would keep a note of it to see if it happens to anyone else; so id know how to fix it. If I didn't, poor ably use the luxary if te internet to find out if this had happened to anyone else and get an answer.

PENDING - I enjoyed your application and appreciate you sending it, but I'm in a slight wonder on what to do with this application. Some areas lack detail, but you put a great amount of detail into your examples. We'll hold off for a day before we make a choice. ~Humpy
Back to top Go down
DJ Derpy Hooves

PostSubject: DJ Derpy Hooves Operator application   Server Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 11:53 pm

Information Section

Steam Name: DJ Derpy Hooves

Experience with roleplay (years, games, etc): Six years on g-mod, I'm not the best at HL2RP, but I'm definitely used to it. I was a lonely, lonely Child...

Experience as an admin: (years, servers, etc): I've admin'd on a couple of servers before, the rank of Admin at most on one server.
D3vineRP - Moderator for a couple of months, got bored of the endless complaints on that server.
RelentlessRolePlay - Administrator, about three months till they shut down.
There was another server which I can't remember, but I was a op for a while, about six months.

Why do you want to be an admin for our community?: It's a fun server, it's always been great fun messing about, but I want to bring something more to the table. I want to help people out and, if at all, host decent events that people enjoy. I feel like with my past experiences, I could be a valuable asset to the team, as I love to help others when i'm bored, I always put the player first instead of my Roleplay.

What benefits would you bring to the community as a whole?: I would be a very active admin for the community, I have tons of good event ideas. I think I would be a likeable member of the admin force and as I've said before, I always put the player first, and in events since I play my airman the most, I'm available to do stuff in the background since my character mostly isn't used during events.

Why do you think we should accept you as an admin?:
As i've said in my previous two questions, I would bring good events to the server, and being an active part of the admin community to help out the player base when need be. I'm available to do stuff in events that you need me to do, therefore not ruining your experience within the event aswell, the player is main priority and I love helping out.

Examples

In detail, how would you manage a rowdy troller causing a problem with the server?: It would depend on the trolling that they are doing, if it's a person who goes around punch whoring, I would pull the person away, talk to them about the rules of the server and if they know how to RP or not cause as we all know, nobody likes trolls on the server, they are the bane of existence on all servers, no matter how good.

In detail, how would you help manage a player on player argument?: I would analyse both claims of each player party, checking logs and other parts that could be part of the case and see if they deserve it. Due to the nature of all the different stuff, there are multiple ways this could form out, such as power gaming or meta gaming, you would ask other people what happened if there were there and check each side of the other persons story, if one matches and the other one doesn't, you can usually determine who the culprit is. Cause let's face it, you don't want a silly little argument ruining everybody's playing experience.

In detail, how would you manage player issues on the server, with server content, errors, etc?:
I'd refer them to the steam workshop page, if it is a more personal thing about the addon, I would give them all the help I knew, and if I couldn't help them anymore i'd refer them to google. There's not to much that you can do for this, apart from verifying game files and reinstalling.

Vouches: Brayton and Greene so far ;3

--------------------------------------

DENIED - The app was appreciated, but I still don't think you'll be good enough for this environment of admins. Still, thank you for applying, and if anything happens with admins, we'll be in contact.

Last edited by DJ Derpy Hooves on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Humper

Humper

PostSubject: Re: Server Moderator Applications   Server Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 11:36 pm

Verdicts have been chosen for the applicants.
Back to top Go down
https://supernovasector.forumotion.net
Satan

Satan

PostSubject: Re: Server Moderator Applications   Server Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Information Section

Steam Name:Procrastinator Satan

Experience with roleplay (years, games, etc): Three or four years.

Experience as an admin: (years, servers, etc): Two at the most. Being a admin on the following
Exogen HL2
Exotec HL2
Power Force Gaming HALO RP
Cranberry Gaming FANTASY/FALLOUT.
Omicron Gaming STAR WARS

Why do you want to be an admin for our community?:I am enjoying the role-play and people on the server and wish to further the reach of the administration team to the public and maybe take the smaller jobs for the higher ranking admins so they can focus on the bigger tasks.

What benefits would you bring to the community as a whole?:I would hope to be active and help when other admins are offline if they do not live in american timezone. Seeing as I honestly do not do much during the week and rarely weekends I can be on for a few good hours every day.

Why do you think we should accept you as an admin?:I like to think the populace of the server likes me and I wish to return the favor by helping them and the other admins on the server. I could also assist in the making/planning of events. As I was a admin on PFG, I led most missions there.

Examples

In detail, how would you manage a rowdy troller causing a problem with the server?:I go by the four warning system, I'd either physgun or teleport him to a location to speak with him and ask him kindly to stop and If he can roleplay. If he could not I'd help him learn. If the troll would continue to well, troll I'd deliver a kick. If he came back and did it again a short ban of 12-24 hours. If he still proceeded to return and be a troll. A perma ban would be initiated. After all, nobody likes trolls.

In detail, how would you help manage a player on player argument?: I'd first calm down both parties and bring them to an area where the LOOC would not disturb other players.  I would then ask both sides send me the logs of what happened in steam and ask if there was anyone else involved. If there was I'd PM them asking for what they saw. I would then have each party explain how this happened/what sparked the argument.  Once I found out who was in the right/wrong I'd issue the punishment and or warning to both parties if it came to that.

In detail, how would you manage player issues on the server, with server content, errors, etc?:Well, this can be a load of things to do. I'd first see if they had the correct games required for the current map and props. If so, I'd send them the content links and see if they had that installed. The the problem continued I'd ask if anyone else has gotten this problem and how they fixed it. If no answer was to happened I'd ask a person who knows how the content such works. I;E Grass/Brayton/Humper.

DENIED - Thank you for applying! Sadly, your application has been denied. Mostly from what I've studied and seen, I believe you'd seem better off in a player role than a moderator. There's a bunch of things that are a lot more harder than to be expected, most that could put you off for good.
Back to top Go down
Megabnark

Megabnark

PostSubject: Re: Server Moderator Applications   Server Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:44 pm

Information Section

Steam Name: Megabnark

Experience with roleplay (years, games, etc): Two years+

Experience as an admin (years, servers, etc): Multiple months.
SynergyRP (under User2g, lost position under Ace)

As an admin for SuperNova I feel I could off an extra hand as a member of the staff team. I have done my best to be a calm and relaxing soul, though most of the community will probably tell you I've done nothing of the sort(:3). Regardless, I have had previous experience as administration, and am known for being one of the most serious voices at times. I am dedicated to making sure that everyone is simply having fun, and that they don't see a shitton of issues going on amongst the admins(Which happens sometimes, I get it).
I may sound rather narcissistic, but I do believe I am a very good roleplayer and that my grammar is decent. There is no "to be honest" in this application, because I have no reason to reassure you that I am not lying. I really would like be apart of the inner workings of the server, but not in coding or the others, because I'm not... well... "in the knowing" in that category. I know more about staff, player, and server management.(Because my highest rank acquired /ever/ was operator...)

I feel like I would be able to bring an extra hand in player management and events, where the ability seems to lack sometimes when the server is busy. An extra hand to run an event must be very beneficial. I really do not have much to say here.

Why do you think we should accept you as an admin?: You have as good of a reason to accept me as anyone. I don't lick boots, balls, or anything in between.

SIDE NOTE, PLEASE READ: I may seem pessimistic at times during this application, and with good reason. I lost my previous position before because of corruption. I was accused of giving items to my rebel characters on an HL2RP server, though the items were for admin purposes. I probably should have contacted a higher up before making such a poor decision.

Examples

In detail, how would you manage a rowdy troller causing a problem with the server?: Due to me being rather strict, I do a four warning rule. First time, I warn them and ask them to be serious. If they continue to be such a way or immediately begin affecting other players, I kick them, no question asked. I give a good, non-snarky reason and move on with my job. If they return and are not serious, I give them yet another warning, and a temporary ban. If I continue to have issues with the player, I will probably go find a higher-up in the server management and ask for their opinion on what to do in the situation.

In detail, how would you help manage a player on player argument?: I'll be honest, this IS my weak suit. I would let the argument carry out, and if there is any flawed logic, I feel it is my job to expose it, but in the end, I try to prove them both wrong, and try to get them back to playing, so that they don't affect other players. (I'm really wrong.)

In detail, how would you manage player issues on the server, with server content, errors, etc?: If a player complains about errors, I help them troubleshoot errors. If there is an issue with the coding, I will mention the problem to one of the server's coders/higher-ups. If it crashes or lags, I will mention it to a higher-up/coder, and make sure that it is solved or at least debunked.

~Megabnark!<3~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Moderator Applications   Server Moderator Applications Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Moderator Applications
Page 1 of 1