SuperNova Sector
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SuperNova Sector

A sci-fi military roleplaying community for Garrysmod. We don't like any of you here. <3

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recon Applications (Post Inside!)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Humper

Humper

Recon Applications (Post Inside!) Empty
PostSubject: Recon Applications (Post Inside!)   Recon Applications (Post Inside!) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:23 pm

OOC SECTION
Steam Name:

Steam ID:

OOC Age:

How long have you been roleplaying?:

In a short paragraph, describe what you think recon does:

Do you have basic knowledge of spotting and long range weaponry?

IC SECTION

Name:

Race:

What is your reason for wanting to become a recon member?:

Characters Backstory (2 Paragraphs!):

RP EXAMPLES

PASSIVE

Write and detail at least fifteen lines based around the following situation: You are providing overwatch for a team attempting to patrol enemy territory, using your spotter and scope to your advantage over distance. With detailed roleplay, show your actions with helping your friendly team avoid damage.

Explain how your character would do this:

COMBAT

Write and detail at least fifteen lines based around the following situation: You are providing overwatch for a local ground team conducting a patrol and notice a group of hostile targets aiming to ambush your friendlies. You are to take out the enemy and protect your allies with detailed roleplay and give attention to your actions and proceedures.

Code:
[center][size=24][color=#3399ff]OOC SECTION[/color][/size]
[/center]
[b]Steam Name:

Steam ID:

OOC Age:

[/b]

[center][size=24][color=#3399ff]IC SECTION[/color][/size]
[/center]

[b]Name:

Race:

Characters Backstory (2 Paragraphs!):[/b]

[center][size=24][color=#3399ff]RP EXAMPLES[/color][/size]
[/center]

[size=18][b][color=#3399ff]PASSIVE[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Write and detail at least fifteen lines based around the following situation:[/b] You are providing overwatch for a team attempting to patrol enemy territory, using your spotter and scope to your advantage over distance. With detailed roleplay, show your actions with helping your friendly team avoid damage.

[b]Explain how your character would do this:[/b]

[color=#ff3333][b][size=18]COMBAT[/size][/b][/color]

[b]Write and detail at least fifteen lines based around the following situation:[/b] You are providing overwatch for a local ground team conducting a patrol and notice a group of hostile targets aiming to ambush your friendlies. You are to take out the enemy and protect your allies with detailed roleplay and give attention to your actions and proceedures.

[b]Explain how your character would do this:[/b]
Back to top Go down
https://supernovasector.forumotion.net
s-woop

PostSubject: Re: Recon Applications (Post Inside!)   Recon Applications (Post Inside!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 1:18 am

OOC SECTION
Steam Name: S-woop

Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:37515366

OOC Age:15

How long have you been roleplaying?: Close to seven thousand hours, I've roleplayed since the start of taco-script. And the start of VG's fallout roleplay, so roughly since 2012.

In a short paragraph, describe what you think recon does: I believe RECON is an important factor as it provides insight and support to important missions and operations that we conduct. RECON scouts ahead and can eliminate important targets so that the other divisions sweep in without a problem, it also can tag and call out from a long-distance away, including taking out hostiles from a long distance away.

I have researched in depth knowledge on how to handle and preform with long-range weaponry, I have watched videos and guides on how to tell how much feet or miles a target is, and every other important factor in firing a long-range weapon, of course a spotter is needed with me because I can't do all of it in my head by myself, but I do know basic knowledge on how to accurately spot and tell the distance of a hostile.

IC SECTION

Name: Memphis Raines

Race:Caucasian

What is your reason for wanting to become a recon member?: Well, I feel that my skills and training as a Designated Marksmen for my squad can further induce my chances in getting the prestigious slot as RECON, I have been training for this slot for a very long time and I do believe I can make a difference if I did achieve this slot.

Memphis Raines born on Earth on year 2984 had a measly life, his dad a drifter and his mom working two jobs to support Memphis, going through a struggling family and a horrid past with drug-addiction, Memphis decided to join the U.M.S, he had been picked up through a friend and had decided to shape his life for the better. Memphis had been nineteen when first signing up for it, he wanted to make a difference and have a bigger impact than his parents in his life, he had trained hard he had researched a bit about long-range engagements and he knew his CQB was a bit off, so he thought out and trained hard in order to become a RECON-unit.

Fast forward, a year later before him being transferred into a boot-camp, a training camp of some sorts in which he began to train the basic forms of drill, formations, and tactics he excelled fast through training and was noted from different drill Sargent's. Though eager to fight he had made many different friends along the way and made his way up to private. Though Private he knew his limits and his expectations, he had set out to contact various officers and captains to win the favor of them, doing this he had established a strong relation with the crew, and his teammates.

Memphis had contacted the captain Claire O'Riley in effort to achieve Designated Squad Marksmen, in which Memphis wanted to showcase his skills and abilities of handling a DMR. He had impressed the captain and had gotten the spot as a designated marksmen. He knew his priorities and had set sail to make an application for the slot that he had only dreamed of getting, his dream becoming a reality.  
RP EXAMPLES

PASSIVE

Write and detail at least fifteen lines based around the following situation: You are providing overwatch for a team attempting to patrol enemy territory, using your spotter and scope to your advantage over distance. With detailed roleplay, show your actions with helping your friendly team avoid damage.

Memphis would lay down, and would position his spotter in a position in which he could spot and locate enemies with ease.

Memphis would slowly stare into the scope, and would begin to make out the situation, his spotter calling out ranges of the hostiles.

The spotter would begin to call out a multitude of LMG pits, and bundles of enemy locations, he'd call them all out and Memphis would begin to scribble down everything he would call, and would use his photograph memory in remembering all these locations and numbers.

Memphis would glare out into the combat-zone, and would quickly click on his radio, he'd radio out the postions the LMG pits, and hostiles, in a quick succession he'd spot a glare of a scope in some reeds, he'd quickly notify his spotter, and they'd begin to make call-outs and range-findings.

The day being pretty windy and humid would seem to make the shot quite difficult, the range being around six hundred meters.

He'd quickly say to his spotter " I need wind calcs'"  He'd quickly dial up his scope to six hundred, he'd zone onto the glare and would aim a little to the left, noting the humidity he'd aim a bit above the zone in.

His spotter would say the wind calculations and Memphis would slowly move his weapon to the left, he'd nod towards him. Before radoing in.

" You're ready to move in. We're covering. " he says with an almost sure and prideful stature."

The squad would move in, the second that the gunfire would sound, Memphis would breathe in, and would then breathe out in the same sync he'd squeeze the trigger, the bullet taking a few seconds of traveling time and would hit its mark, a splatter of blood would seem to splash over the reeds, Memphis not yet knowing as his spotter would say the final words. . . . " Hit, confirmed kill ".

Memphis would quickly relocate his sniper towards the battle-zone, he'd note the MG pits, and would begin to squeeze his trigger, firing sniper-rounds at the men manning the MG's, one by one. Memphis would seem to take them out.

Memphis would begin to aim towards the next line of defense, the squad regrouping as he'd begin to scan the area with his spotter..

His spotter would seem to spot armor moving down the grudgy road towards the group backing with twenty confirmed hostile units moving behind it.

Memphis would quickly radio it in. " Squadrent, you've got enemy armor with around twenty confirmed hostile troops moving right behind it, take cover. "

Memphis would slowly nod towards his spotter. " Zero me in, I'm aiming for the tracks "

The spotter would seem to range him in, the wind would seem to pick up, but humidity pulling down. " You've got twenty MPH of wind-speed, two dots left. "

He'd aim down into his sniper-scope and would begin to load in a new magazine, he'd aim towards the tracks and would begin to rub on the trigger, he'd breathe in then out in sync with his last breathe he'd squeeze the trigger slowly sending a large bullet towards the track of the tank. It'd spark and would hit the armor still moving.

His spotter would speak up " Aim up twenty feet, two dots right "

Nods, he'd slowly breathe in and would breathe out sending another shot towards the center of the tracks, it'd hit a clangor following right after it, the armor would stop and would give the squad enough time to flank, and or take viable position over the opposition.

The squad would then presume to take two sides of the area, and take out the enemy-foot soldiers.

Memphis would look at his spotter, extending his hand and would bump knuckles with him " Nice work bro"  he says with a dignified voice.

The spotter would scan the rest of the battle-field, and would then radio in. " You're all good, nice work. "

COMBAT

Write and detail at least fifteen lines based around the following situation: You are providing overwatch for a local ground team conducting a patrol and notice a group of hostile targets aiming to ambush your friendlies. You are to take out the enemy and protect your allies with detailed roleplay and give attention to your actions and procedures*.

Memphis slowly kneels and would take out his binoculars, he'd spot the group of hostiles and would begin to radio it in. " Squad Alpha-Star, you've got a group of tango's on your twelve o' clock. Be advised "

Memphis would then move into a prone position and would place his bipod onto the brick structure that stands in front of him.

He'd begin to zero it in, using his range-finders he'd note that the range of hostiles and would write it down onto his notepad. Memphis quickly begins to calculate the wind-speed and humidity.

Memphis moves his hand over towards the dial and would flick it to the left two times, he'd then zone it in to three hundred meters, flicking the top dial three times. He'd begin to angle the sniper rifle up and would use the increments on the scope to aim a bit lower and a little to the right.

Memphis begins to scan the group for the leader, he'd notice a singular male giving all the orders, he'd slowly begin to dial in the range, not being so far from the rest of the men.

Memphis would breathe in and out, and would then slowly squeeze the trigger in sync with him breathing out, a bullet would whiz by and would slam the leader of the hostiles in the chest, leaving the rest of the hostiles leaderless.

Memphis would chamber in another round, and would begin to fire at the hostiles, round by round he'd begin to wipe them out, with firing support of the squad they would soon over-come and take over the enemy's position with ease.

Memphis would begin to scan the rest of the area, and would notice enemy technical's riding in before quickly radoing it in, with haste. " You have enemy technical's moving in at your eleven o' clock, take-cover NOW! "

Memphis aims towards the vehicles, aiming towards the man on the MG. He'd quickly squeeze the trigger in haste, the bullet only hitting the top of the car.

Memphis would mumble "F-..Fuck. " He'd chamber another round in and would cock it back, he'd breathe in and then out firing a round towards the hostile, it'd slam him in the upper-throat, sending bone-fragments and a gush of blood all over the truck and onto the gun, the male would fall limp.

Memphis quickly angles his weapon back towards the other MG, he'd breathe in, and then out before firing a round with perfect sync, though not perfectly zeroing it in, it would sloppily hit the male in the shoulder, shattering and almost blowing his shoulder off, he'd fall to the floor, allowing him to further fire a few more bullets from the MG.

The technical's would then soon be obliterated by the squad, though taking two wounded. Memphis would slowly run his hands through his face his sniper hung limply on its two little bipod legs.

Memphis would radio in, a fatigued voice " Alpha-Star, you're clear to move out. Patrol is finished " he says with an almost failed tone, letting two of his men get hit.

Mempis would stand up slinging his rifle onto his back, making his way to rendezvous with the rest of his patrol group.
Back to top Go down
s-woop

PostSubject: Re: Recon Applications (Post Inside!)   Recon Applications (Post Inside!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 4:59 am

- POSTED THIS FOR STEAKS, HE ASKED ME TO SO I DID, THIS IS STEAKS APPLICATION! -

Steam Name: steaks

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8611457

OOC Age: 20

How long have you been roleplaying?: Since the discovery of the new world.

In a short paragraph, describe what you think recon does: Observe and report troop movements. Scout positions. Provide battlefield data. Provide sniper cover.

Yes.

IC SECTION

Name: Ryba, Kairen. Private.

Race: Caucasian

What is your reason for wanting to become a recon member?: *Messily written on the application is a few sentences* I need to get out of my fucking squad before they get me fucking /dead/. I used to be in the 34th Reconnaissance Division. You know me. Won't let you down.

The file on Private Kairen Ryba is surprisingly thick, given her rank. It seems to indicate a fairly lengthy amount (for a private) of military service but is also rife with code and regulations violations. Given the extent of her visits to the brig she seems to have some sort of problem with authority and some of her previous superiors have made note in her file that she is disrespectful and doesn't always follow orders to the letter. If it weren't for the war she probably would've been discharged by now, you may imagine as you read the file. Still, her earlier military career seems clean and overall she seems to have a commendation here and there that points towards some promising degree of mission effectiveness, if nothing else.

RP EXAMPLES

PASSIVE + COMBAT

Private Kairen Ryba peers through the spotting scope from her elevated position amid the dilapidated building. Second story, nice coverage of both the hostile and friendly troop movements. Her triggerman knew to actually keep his barrel from sticking out the window. It was a nice change of pace from the general incompetence and all around likelihood of being killed by one of her own teammates that she was used to from previous operations. Observe troop movements and provide overwatch for a friendly infantry unit moving through the kill zone: that was the directive. As Private Ryba peered through the spotting scope she relayed through her radio:
"Echo one, you've got light armor on the other side of the building, bearing south-southwest. Advise hold position until it passes."
"Roger that overwatch, let us know when we're clear to move," the familiar voice rang out in her helmet.
Ryba turned to survey the rest of the buildings. The shooter to her right, her partner, shifts uneasily before remarking, "Contact at one forty-five, call adjustments."
Ryba responded quickly after turning her spotting scope, "Two minutes left windage, four clicks up elevation." She heard the telltale clicks from the sniper scope, followed by a shot ringing out. Her shooter had dropped the point man of an enemy patrol that had been moving around into the friendly team's cover.
"Echo, hard contact your six, southwest corner of the building. Go hot, we'll cover you."
"Roger that, keep an eye on that light armor for us and make sure it doesn't double back."
"Copy, echo one. Be advised you've got six footmobiles at that southwest corner. We'll try to make that number a little easier to manage for you." Even as she spoke, her shooter cycled through two rounds, sending fifty caliber bullets some six-hundred odd meters toward the killzone and dropping another one of the enemies. After operating the bolt again he quietly exhaled, calming himself before slowly squeezing off his next shot. Another enemy soldier dropping to the ground in a tangled heap, torn by the impact of the destructive round.
"Make that three, echo one. They're all yours. Light armor is out of the picture, about a click away now." Ryba transmitted through the helmet's radio. Afterwards she stood, tapping her partner on the back. "All right, let's roll to hide two before we get made."
"Yeah, can't see shit from here anymore." The shooter said in agreement, pulling his sniper rifle off the old dining table they had used to plant the bipod. It was just the beginning of a long day, and they both knew it. Ops never did tend to go this well.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Recon Applications (Post Inside!)   Recon Applications (Post Inside!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 2:57 am

OOC SECTION
Steam Name:
Fuzzy Wolfy

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:20038576

OOC Age:
21 Years of Age

A decade, roughly.

As the name implies - or should imply; Recon squads typically revolve around reconnaissance and ascertaining strategic advantages, this usually being done by acquiring information through military observation, by offering long ranged support, achieving the upper hand by completing certain objectives of delicate nature.

Yes, I've done it before and find it to suit my role play style of long, well prepared emotes that thoroughly describe a single action that can potentially have heavy impact on certain role play. Sounds kinda over-glorified, but when you see someone role playing a sniper whom can take ten shots a minute without any inaccuracy, you learn the damage it can inflict on an otherwise fun role play event. Sniping's cool an' all, but it needs to be moderated and used carefully so as to not steal the spotlight and demean the challenge of the opposition.

IC SECTION

Name:
Private. Heather H. Roanne

Race:
Caucasian

To be perfectly blunt; Laziness. I haven't yet complained about my current position, nor do I plan to, but given the opportunity I'll gladly take the role that allows me a broader view of the ultimate goal instead of having to butt heads with either the enemy or an asshole of a commanding Officer who's hyped up on adrenaline. That ain't for me. Despite my background, I ain't the cold blooded murdering type, and shooting from a distance is way less of a weight on my conscious than having to watch the light fade from another person's eyes through a bullet shaped hole in their visor a few paces away from them - or having to be on the unfortunate end of the exchange.

I know it ain't going to be any smoother of a ride, but it'll be a better one.

The woman's personal file is nothing short of an anomaly to say the least, manifesting itself as a weighty and unpleasantly long read when printed out on paper despite her having only just recently adopted the rank of Private within Hauser's 5th company of Irregulars... Even with much of the files pertaining to her life preceding her enlistment - they remain rife with gaps and inconsistencies due to her own contradicting statements. This bureaucratic frustration only just staved off by the fact most milestones of her life have somehow evaded the trend, having been thoroughly documented to the very last detail. Following such, nothing beyond the moment of her signature on an enlistment form had been left unrecorded - everything, every piece of praise and every violation she's ever received is written down with black on white, the latter of which substantially out-weighs the former.

She was a troubled kid, that much is clear; having been taken from her biological family on a matter of domestic investigations and promptly adopted by a family who's residence lay outside her birth-planet, Heather's life did not have a very stellar start to it. Her education closely followed suit due to behavioral problems on her behalf, leaving the vast majority of her peers -- many of which seemed academically inferior, to pass her. Many demerits were earned due to the rising conflicts between her and both the student body, as well as the academic staff. As a result, despite few members of the faculty claiming that she held untapped potential, her uncooperative nature and lack of results ultimately resulted in the board being unable to extend any forms of scholarship.

Even following her graduation and prompt enlistment, the problems did not end there as many of her commanding Officers would go on to file complaints about Heather's problematic approach with social situations, accused of being unruly, brash, uncooperative, and even confrontational which have since landed her many demerits and blackmarks. The total sum of such a disruptive personality would have undoubtedly seen her remove from the ranks, yet a surprising competence saved her from such a fate; though she was detestable, she was good - or at least, passable. Marksmanship was what she seemed to excel in, yet her refusal to cooperate with commanding units made her skills inconsistent at best...

Whilst already on thin ice, a particular incident in 2986 which resulted in the loss of Staff Sergeant Henry Bower saw heather dishonorably discharged at the rank of Corporal and charged with Second Degree Murder. With her having pleaded guilty, the verdict had been promptly reached, sentencing her to 15 - plus - years and an immediate relocation to the planet Yhagni - the system's largest sanctioned penitentiary. Release had been achieved after receiving an offer for early parole if she enlisted for Hauser's 5th Irregulars.

Behavioral improvements were noted, though only due to her inactivity and silence in the face of orders.

It was all quiet from there.

RP EXAMPLES

PASSIVE

COMBAT

Write and detail at least fifteen lines based around the following situation: You are providing overwatch for a local ground team conducting a patrol and notice a group of hostile targets aiming to ambush your friendlies. You are to take out the enemy and protect your allies with detailed roleplay and give attention to your actions and proceedures.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recon Applications (Post Inside!)   Recon Applications (Post Inside!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recon Applications (Post Inside!)
Page 1 of 1