SuperNova Sector
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SuperNova Sector

A sci-fi military roleplaying community for Garrysmod. We don't like any of you here. <3

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lore Related: Specific Questions? Did I make a plot hole? Please, post in here.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brayton
Infantry NCO
Infantry NCO
Brayton

Lore Related: Specific Questions? Did I make a plot hole? Please, post in here. Empty
PostSubject: Lore Related: Specific Questions? Did I make a plot hole? Please, post in here.   Lore Related: Specific Questions? Did I make a plot hole? Please, post in here. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:50 am

So, when creating your own lore, shit gets wonky. 8 hours of constant writing, image editting and digging through music eventually fries your brain over so I'm making this thread as a place for those who've read the lore and enjoyed it ask questions are even point out mistakes.

The most common mistake are going to be inconsistent or switched up time differences. The main reason behind these is because a lot of my ideas I write, immediately and then sit there for 5 minutes shooting that idea with as many imaginary weapons as I can till the ideal either holds or sinks.

Sometimes it just barely holds or didn't sink yet which leads to mistakes and errors. Numbers are not my strongest suit so if I do make a mistake, numbers wise, please post here.

If there's thematic issues, or if you believe your idea is better than mine. Also post here.

Finally, if you have questions or if there's a specific tidbit of lore you want answered that I don't go over in the Lore posts, please, ask! I'll answer to the best of my ability. Warning: This might lead to spoilers, but its the lore, I give zero fucks.

~Brayton
Back to top Go down
Blitzkrieg
Engineering Lead
Engineering Lead
Blitzkrieg

Lore Related: Specific Questions? Did I make a plot hole? Please, post in here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lore Related: Specific Questions? Did I make a plot hole? Please, post in here.   Lore Related: Specific Questions? Did I make a plot hole? Please, post in here. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Brayton
Infantry NCO
Infantry NCO
Brayton

PostSubject: Re: Lore Related: Specific Questions? Did I make a plot hole? Please, post in here.   Lore Related: Specific Questions? Did I make a plot hole? Please, post in here. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 12:48 am

I haven't actually done a full story on the Confederate States before they became the United Militia Systems.

I might need to make it more clear that the Confederate States are a defunct state that doesn't exist and became the UMS.

The reason I used the Storm were two fold:

• A. I wanted to make the music complex and difficult to play, like the American National Anthem.
  • B.I needed something that incorporated the fact that the Constitution of Federation was born from a nuclear holocaust. The storm has a determined, depressed valor to it. Its definitely not something you'd play happily.

However, after thinking on it I do agree that it needs a different theme but I don't think music as referenced to Ancient Rome would really do it justice as its has Native American, African and Modern American in its routes as well as Ancient Rome via the government system in place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lore Related: Specific Questions? Did I make a plot hole? Please, post in here.   Lore Related: Specific Questions? Did I make a plot hole? Please, post in here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lore Related: Specific Questions? Did I make a plot hole? Please, post in here.
Page 1 of 1