SuperNova Sector
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SuperNova Sector

A sci-fi military roleplaying community for Garrysmod. We don't like any of you here. <3

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Issues Up In Here

Go down 
+7
DDarius
Fuzzy Wolfy
Brayton
Dante :D
Reckoning™
KasparoVv
MadameBunneh
11 posters

What is making SN seem worse to play on?
A. Drama
Issues Up In Here I_vote_lcap0%Issues Up In Here I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
B. Admin Team
Issues Up In Here I_vote_lcap21%Issues Up In Here I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
C. Certain People
Issues Up In Here I_vote_lcap14%Issues Up In Here I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
D. Events
Issues Up In Here I_vote_lcap7%Issues Up In Here I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
E. Roleplay itself
Issues Up In Here I_vote_lcap7%Issues Up In Here I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Both A and C
 14% [ 2 ]
Both D and E
Issues Up In Here I_vote_lcap0%Issues Up In Here I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Both A, B, and C
Issues Up In Here I_vote_lcap21%Issues Up In Here I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
None at all, it's kickass
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
MadameBunneh

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:27 am

Answer b4 I post.
Back to top Go down
KasparoVv

KasparoVv

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:34 am

Doesn`t even let me vote

Put me down as `none at all, it`s kickass`
Back to top Go down
Reckoning™

Reckoning™

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:39 am

Ye.
Back to top Go down
Blitzkrieg
Engineering Lead
Engineering Lead
Blitzkrieg

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 4:19 pm

So we've got a poll down, but that hasn't exactly put forth any sort of suggestions as to what to fix.
o-0
Back to top Go down
Dante :D

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 5:26 pm

Look, I think one of the main problems with this server is the line between OOC and IC.
A lot of people seem to have a hard time not taking things personally when shit happens to their characters. I've heard multiple arguments on teamspeak between players who have had bad shit happen to their characters.

Long story short, it's important to remember that this is a video game and you are NOT your character and your OOC feelings shouldn't influence your characters behavior.
Back to top Go down
Painful History

Painful History

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 5:41 pm

Dante wrote:
Look, I think one of the main problems with this server is the line between OOC and IC.
A lot of people seem to have a hard time not taking things personally when shit happens to their characters.  I've heard multiple arguments on teamspeak between players who have had bad shit happen to their characters.

Long story short, it's important to remember that this is a video game and you are NOT your character and your OOC feelings shouldn't influence your characters behavior.

Well, Dante. What you have to understand is that for some people, characters are more than characters and video games are a passion. If you are playing basketball and someone assaulted your basketball playing skills or kicked the ball away, you'd get mad. Likewise, if someone has a passion roleplaying and you forcefully take their char away, they will become annoyed or even enraged at the events and blame the person behind them.

On top of that, you also have to realize that for some people, including myself, characters aren't just fictional characters. Instead they are projects you build upon experience and improve with time. They are things we hold dear because they are works of our own, the same way a novelist loves their books and what they write, we love our characters and what we create.

What you're saying is noble but not feasible in the practical sense, it's human nature and the nature of some of us. I speak from personal experience.

Blitzkrieg wrote:
So we've got a poll down, but that hasn't exactly put forth any sort of suggestions as to what to fix.
o-0

To improve upon something and start blurting out suggestions we have to find out what the majority thinks is wrong with the community and focus on fixing those problems first. Your attitude at certain times being one of them for me.

Last edited by Painful History on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brayton
Infantry NCO
Infantry NCO
Brayton

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 8:38 pm

I'm going to be completely honest for D & E.

What the Ever Loving Shit Tacos are you doing here if you don't like the events or the roleplay itself?
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 5:52 am

Issues Up In Here D7aDC2a

As someone who's been part of Role Play communities inside and outside of Gmod.

This shit won't go away, it's better to ensure that it just doesn't bother you instead of trying to remove it.

Role play thrives on people making their own drama and stories, and 'certain people' will always be there unless you become Elitist - which is a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
DDarius

DDarius

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 7:22 am

Fuzzy I like you more every day I swear.

Brayton I like this server because you lot have fucking weeded out most of the elitists and fucked them over with a tire iron. Or an electric drill down the japs-eye, which is my favourite to be honest.

my intention is not to offend please dont but a baseball bat up my bumhole

My issue is with some of the admins, being honest. I know that I'm not alone on this, from teamspeak and quite clearly from the poll. Not gonna shy away from that. I won't name names (yet), but some of the admins take their job either too seriously and turn the server into a fucking RP concentration-camp (even when we're not on a mission) or a lot of the admins such as Brayton or Hump-my-bumhole are overworked to fuck. Which only suggests to me that the rest of the admin team aren't really... Helping.
Back to top Go down
Blitzkrieg
Engineering Lead
Engineering Lead
Blitzkrieg

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Painful History wrote:
To improve upon something and start blurting out suggestions we have to find out what the majority thinks is wrong with the community and focus on fixing those problems first. Your attitude at certain times being one of them for me.

Without being asked to give an attitude here, I'm going to point out that maybe I wouldn't have one if people like yourself didn't give me a sour disposition to begin with. Now how about we not point fingers in a poll post, and figure something out to actually progress our server rather than BITCH about it.

DDarius wrote:
My issue is with some of the admins, being honest. I know that I'm not alone on this, from teamspeak and quite clearly from the poll. Not gonna shy away from that. I won't name names (yet), but some of the admins take their job either too seriously and turn the server into a fucking RP concentration-camp (even when we're not on a mission) or a lot of the admins such as Brayton or Hump-my-bumhole are overworked to fuck. Which only suggests to me that the rest of the admin team aren't really... Helping.

And the underlying issues here usually relate more to lack of admin contact than anything else. The admin team is usually always there, it's just an issue of never being told to handle anything by either Brayton or Humper. As a result, they end up working themselves to stress, and then that stress weighs down on the other admins who in turn get pissy. This is why the admin team seems so grumpy, because while they are dealing with the server and the people in it, they ALSO have to deal with two generally grumpy and not-too-talkative heads.
Back to top Go down
Painful History

Painful History

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Blitzkrieg wrote:
Painful History wrote:

Without being asked to give an attitude here, I'm going to point out that maybe I wouldn't have one if people like yourself didn't give me a sour disposition to begin with. Now how about we not point fingers in a poll post, and figure something out to actually progress our server rather than BITCH about it.

I wasn't bitching about it, more as giving a subtle suggestion as to what you should improve... Anyway, suggestions are already being made now that we know what the majority of the people think is the problem. Honestly, if you look at it, the source of the problem appears to be certain people within the admin team, something I couldn't agree more with. I'm not saying you're part of the MAJOR problem because you're not but fingers will have to be pointed sooner or later and those people will have to be dealt with.
Back to top Go down
Blitzkrieg
Engineering Lead
Engineering Lead
Blitzkrieg

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Again. Attitude is an issue stemming from the admins in the team that have to deal directly with players, because a number of them tend to be absolutely hhhhoooorrrriiiible. Someone does something stupid, we try to spank them, HALF of the playerbase giggles like naughty children, and the rest raise banners of freedom demanding the admins stand down. OR they all band together and call for the blood of someone. Generally, it's a bunch of us slowly losing our minds because of the constant crap we deal with and get snappy. Arguably we probably shouldn't, but with GMod fucking with us near daily, personal shit in our ACTUAL lives, and the shitty situations that arise all the time? Yeah... We're pissy.

And we apologize for that.
Back to top Go down
Painful History

Painful History

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Well... Uhm... I have nothing to say really, the fact you were one of the first admins I've ever seen manning up and admitting to being human and having to deal with countless shit from people actually made me gain a lot of respect in a few moments...

Anyway, my problem isn't really with justified anger or attitude problems. It's more with inactivity among some of you, complete inutility and misdirected anger. Admins aren't the only problem though, players are even worse most of the times, at least some of them. Thank you Blitz, that was really good from you and completely took away all I had against you.

I applaud you.
Back to top Go down
Humper

Humper

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Yeah, we're humans. We're shitty creatures and we get mad at eachother.

Some people are just made to be cunts, some aren't. Simple case in point, we know our mistakes, we try to fix upon them, but when a certain section of people, or just some players can't accept the fact that the admins were being dicks for one moment in time because someone or something was messing up or just simply refusing to cooperate, then it's simply not just the admin team at fault.

Brayton's a cunt to people, holy shit, I know that. We're all cunts to eachother here and apparently no one understands that it's the -fact- that we are. No one hates eachother, it's just stupid banter we make up to make sure we won't start stabbing eachother the first chance we get. But it's not like we do it on purpose, you know?

We're all aloof, passive aggressive and mostly just doing what we need to, to make it happen. We don't want to insult people, but sometimes it's the only way to shut someone down before they get to a rather terrible point. Just to be clear, and I know it's not hard to understand, but we're not insulting people for a sick joke, we're doing it to either make them understand that they're being fucking stupid, or that we're actually getting annoyed and it's a human instinct to state, "you're a prick, shut the fuck up" and etc.

I love everyone here and I know most of you are just having fun being part of the little experience we made here.

We're going to improve more over time, so don't suddenly pin all the problems on the admins because it's not what you like it to be. I mean this for everyone, not specific persons. Simple case in point, I bid my apologies as well.

We're all human here, and humans have emotions. Some people just have more than others, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
https://supernovasector.forumotion.net
Painful History

Painful History

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 6:22 pm

Like I said, banter and justified anger is fine. I understand it and I actually beg for everyone else to do so because no one here is a robot.
Back to top Go down
Humper

Humper

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 6:23 pm

I'm happy it's put across more understandably.

We're not being mean to anyone! We just want to have fun like everyone else. ; ~ ;
Back to top Go down
Dogbert

Dogbert

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:07 am

i think dogbert should run things around here.
Back to top Go down
Dogbert

Dogbert

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:07 am

i think dogbert should run things around here.
Back to top Go down
Humper

Humper

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:59 am

yes I agree

dogbert 4 owner 2015
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Issues Up In Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues Up In Here   Issues Up In Here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Issues Up In Here
Page 1 of 1