SuperNova Sector
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SuperNova Sector

A sci-fi military roleplaying community for Garrysmod. We don't like any of you here. <3

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drill Sergeant Applications

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Humper

Humper

Drill Sergeant Applications Empty
PostSubject: Drill Sergeant Applications   Drill Sergeant Applications Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 7:03 pm

OOC SECTION
Steam Name:

Steam ID:

OOC Age:

How long have you been roleplaying?:

In a short paragraph, describe what you think a drill sergeant does:

Do you have basic knowledge of physical training, weapons knowledge and military background?

IC SECTION

Name:

Race:

What is your reason for wanting to become a drill sergeant?:

Characters Backstory (2 Paragraphs!):

RP EXAMPLES

PASSIVE

Write and detail at least fifteen lines based around the following situation: You are training a bunch of maggots into a bunch of fine soldiers, but you need to set a training course for them to do. With good details, define how you would produce and educate the trainees on weapon maintainance, weapons training and physical fitness.

Explain how your character would do this:

Write and detail at least fifteen lines based around the following situation: One of your recruits has come down with an illness, and a few others are acting up and being aggressive towards other units. In details, explain how you would deal with the situation, how you would punish the perpetrators for their actions. Reminder, three recruits are getting ratty and abusive, another is struck with a sickness and needs removal to the medical center.

Back to top Go down
https://supernovasector.forumotion.net
Malak

Drill Sergeant Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drill Sergeant Applications   Drill Sergeant Applications Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 3:48 am

OOC SECTION

Steam Name: Beowulf - Malak

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21883565

OOC Age: 17

How long have you been roleplaying?: Longer then anyone should spend doing any kind of hobby at my age. I have a serious problem, we'll leave it at that.

In a short paragraph, describe what you think a drill sergeant does:

Well I could link you to the threads where I argued about drill sergeants, but might as well state something here that's not copied.

Drill Sergeants or people who are allowed to train simply just teach any member of  the military that is under their wing for training what they need to know. They mainly reinforce basic concepts in order to break the trainee, build onto him with muscle memory as well as to create instant compliance to commands that might occur in battle. They aren't the trainee's friends and they are not biased in any way, they will ground up the trainee's equally and without remorse through the training in an effort to both make the weak strong and to make the strong more distinguished.

Also - there's a lot of things you just can't learn from being a part of a military outfit, specifically there's a lot of theory that you will not be able to comprehend. Some of it's very relevant, like Field Craft, teaching people how to operate as a unit and to respond to various threats accordingly can be useful. Something really simple is teaching people to respond to the command "Contact!" Or "Contact Front! One Hundred Meters!", if they can respond to really basic shit like that, you get some really nice combat out of it.

// Fuck that was not a short paragraph, sorry my Army boner came through and I rambled.

Do you have basic knowledge of physical training, weapons knowledge and military background?

Well I'd say I was fairly exceptional as a Cadet, I was in one of the few units in my entire country that broke the Geneva conventions regularly, we did things like vehicle searches, hand to hand combat, war games utilizing laser rifles / fake hand grenades. Everyone who trained us were all currently serving CO's or LCpl's, we even spent a few days out in a Military Training Ground learning about survival from Recon Officers. So I guess I had a really unique experience with my countries army and honestly there is no other unit like it, you experience things that can't be experienced anywhere else other then the actual Military(Also, as to be accurate, sexual harassment even under teenagers still occurred just liked in the real military - not the greatest place for a girl to involve herself in.).

I also did a bit of hand to hand training under Tong Long, spent more time learning theory then I did having Practical Training - it was a good martial art and it taught you so much about kinetic energy. You tend to see fighting as different, instead of putting the meaty bit of your hand in someone's face, you see it as two people trying to put energy from their body into the others, the person doing the most damage always being the person who exerts the most energy through the body at initial impact(Kind of like a spear going through you. It's how being punched can cause internal bleeding or simply kill you instantly, it's from all that energy and such.).

Lastly for weapons, I spent a lot of time studying the theory behind shooting when I did a lot of RP. Learned about ballistics and penetration for all kinds of things, various materials and metals, I can almost remember the exact inch for each round. Although I never spent that much time shooting, although I was a cadet, we only shot like once a month and it was always with a .22 bolt action or a F88 when we did Tier 2.

IC SECTION

Name: William Mannock.

Race: Caucasian.

What is your reason for wanting to become a drill sergeant?:

Served under the UMS for a long time, figure I could do more harm to the Militia's enemies by training Infantry then I could holding a rifle.

Characters Backstory (2 Paragraphs!):

RP EXAMPLES

PASSIVE

Write and detail at least fifteen lines based around the following situation: You are training a bunch of maggots into a bunch of fine soldiers, but you need to set a training course for them to do. With good details, define how you would produce and educate the trainees on weapon maintainance, weapons training and physical fitness.

I already did this ages ago in an example for my suggestion thread;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eoPyokSm22jk-H_nYxxefB08r2DTIPRdnnO7MLvYqkw/edit#

He'd just do it, if you're an instructor you know how to instruct. It's just that simple, it'd be like asking how someone eats chocolate using a spoon.

Write and detail at least fifteen lines based around the following situation: One of your recruits has come down with an illness, and a few others are acting up and being aggressive towards other units. In details, explain how you would deal with the situation, how you would punish the perpetrators for their actions. Reminder, three recruits are getting ratty and abusive, another is struck with a sickness and needs removal to the medical center.

D-Sgt. William Mannock steps forward towards the muggy recruit saying "Recruit, how are you feeling?"

Sick Recruit responds with a sort of raspy voice "I'm good Sergeant... just feelin' -" he'd stumble a little bit, losing his train of thought, just trying to keep himself standing up as he'd be unable to really focus on anything but that one action.

D-Sgt. William Mannock yells out "Recruit Bottoms! I want you to grab Recruit Collins here and get him to medical! Be sure to keep his ass awake - don't let him faint until he gets there!".

D-Sgt. William Mannock then turns to his platoon pacing back to his usual spot he taps his boots together, standing at attention he yells "Alright! The reason why you have all been called out here, while everyone else is eating in the mess hall is because - SHUT YOUR MOUTH RECRUIT!"

D-Sgt. William Mannock would eye the recruit down for a few moments before going back to what he was saying  - "You are here because a number of you have been disrespectful to your other units! You have shown that you are not worthy of dessert and that tonight! You will be eating the left overs after all the other units have finished up! This is thanks to Recruit Bretton, Shaw and Kingsburry!"

D-Sgt. William Mannock would give the recruits a moment to let some anger fester for the three recruits before he'd yell "YOU! Will all now participate in a much more fun activity while you wait for your food! It is called DRILL!"

*The sergeant then goes on to give the Recruits drill for the mistakes of those three.*.

If someone is sick you take care of them, most people in the Army want to be pretend to be tough, it's rare you'll find someone faking. So when someone really looks sick, they're usually worse then they look and you need to get their ass to medical. For the punishment, you punish them as a whole because you need to treat them all like shit, not just the three alone. Of course in future those three will get worse treatment, but you need to punish the entire Platoon, so as to deter anyone from really mucking up. Because you know, people will mess up and everyone will get fed up with that shit, because you can only go so many nights without ice cream and waffles, standing outside doing drill while two other units stare at you through the windows feeling sorry for your asses. So everyone tends to shape up after a while and if it's just the same person every time, well - break his ass, make him sit out every time something fun happens until he learns some discipline.

ACCEPTED
Back to top Go down

Drill Sergeant Applications
Page 1 of 1